With summer behind us and winter quickly approaching, it’s time for us Moms to prepare for the cold weather and all that it entails. Aside from making sure that the kids have snow gear for our infamous “snow days”, we have to be sure to take care of ourselves. In my world, that begins with your SKIN! Maintaining your daily skincare regimen in the winter is even more important than you think. The cold winter air lacks humidity and dries up the natural oils in your skin, often resulting in dry skin. The frigid winter winds can cause dry chapped skin as well. But if you’re new to creating a skincare “routine” or often just can’t find the time to dedicate to it, I’ve got you covered. I’ve listed my top 5 general skin care tips to get you through the winter. Consider them your recipe to beautiful skin!
5 Skin Care tips to get you through the cold, dry Winter months:
- Switch your cleanser to a soap-free Gentle Cleanser. I love & use MyBody’s Clean Routine Foaming Cleanser for the winter months. Your skin will feel clean and luxurious without the risk of stripping it of its essential oils that help to protect it from the harsh, cold winter weather on a daily basis.
Click Here to purchase
- Contrary to the popular belief that you should ditch your scrubs/exfoliators over the winter months, you should actually continue to use or add one to your regimen. By including a gentle exfoliator, it will help to remove the build-up of dry skin. This is important as dry skin can block the moisturizing agents from penetrating the skin. Using a gentle exfoliator will ensure proper hydration as well as stimulating collagen reproduction! Don’t go crazy. Once a week is perfect! I use ZO Skin Healths exfoliating polish to manually exfoliate over the winter months 1-2 times a week.
Contact me Kelley@Kelleyknows.com to purchase ZO Skin Health Exfoliating Polish
3. Serum, Serum, Serums are my winter obsession! I love to layer on my serums under a great moisturizer! A quick overview as to why serums are elite in the Winter skin care category: They penetrate deeper and their liquidy format can hold a higher percentage of active ingredients than a moisturizer can. So in return, they deliver many more benefits while actually plumping up cells and locking in moisture. My serums of choice are Calm After The Storm and Brightamin C from MyBody & Zo Skin Health Ossentials Growth Factor Serum Plus.
Click Here to purchase Calm After The Storm Serum, Here for the Brightamin C Serum and Contact me, Kelley@kelleyknows.com for ZO Skin Health Growth Factor Serum
4. Come Winter, I also switch out my summer lightweight moisturizers for heavier moisturizers that include humectants & emollients. My moisturizer crush right now is MyBody Ultra Rich Anti-Aging Growth Factor Cream. This beauty attracts and holds onto water with peptides, and hyaluronic acids, fights aging with growth factors and leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated. During the summer months, I tend to lean towards lightweight moisturizers but rest assured, dry, Winter weather calls for stronger reinforcements☺
To purchase MyBody Ultra Rich Anti-Aging Growth Factor Cream Click Here!
- If you’re not a “more the merrier” gal like myself when it comes to products, here is a simple winter tip that is not time consuming. Treat yourself to a weekly hydrating MASK. Since I am clearly a fan of the MyBody line, currently I am using their Glow Forward Thermal Probiotic Enzyme Treatment Mask. This mask softens and exfoliates dull skin without being abrasive and your skin instantly appears brighter, clearer and more radiant.
To purchase MyBody’s Glow Forward Thermal Probiotic Enzyme Treatment Mask Click Here!
Check in next week for my winter non- invasive treatments that address summer’s sun-damage!